Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Work of my Hands


We have been working diligently on the garden and on my herb garden. It is a lot of work but it is beginning to pay off. We had our first zucchini today!

A small part of our main garden

Our adjunct garden with corn and potato overflow

Lemon Thyme


Basil

Sage

Unfortunately we live where the growing season is from Memorial Day to Labor Day so we do a lot of start plants and work hard to get the best yield possible. But, I enjoyed the first taste and will enjoy all future ones as well.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

gorgeous! someday I hope to have a real garden that we can eat instead of the play one I plant now.

akr said...

I'm really grateful for it. Kevin grew up having one and I didn't because of camp but I am really learning to enjoy it...and not just the produce!