Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Week

Where did it go? I am honestly not sure. It has been a blur of laundry, fighting weeds, cleaning, feeding, and changing jack, and tons of other odds and ends that turn my brain into mush.
However, I did manage a few things I am proud of. I now have 3 quarts of tart cherries (which i need to decide what i want to use them for) and 9 lbs. of blueberries, picked fresh and now frozen. I was able to visit the library and pick up some new books including Mistaken Identity which is sad but I am looking forward to how powerful it will be. I have also beat off the weeds from all 30 of the potato plants and my herbs. We are in the process of doing all the rest. I also combined my daily walk with my discipleship with a girl from our church and had a great talk and exercise at the same time.

I am also nursing some empty heartedness. My friend Sara left for Kansas...her husband is returning home from Iraq. I am so glad she finally gets to be with Adam but I definitely miss having her around. My other friend from across the street has had to move for a few weeks while construction is going on in her house. I haven't seen her or talked to her in weeks. Plus, coming back from camp and seeing a bunch of my friends and family makes me miss them more. I really feel lonely at times and I know it is just a season of change but it still is sad.


Jack is still waking up in the night and so my brain is getting more foggy. I need to get some sleep.

No comments: