I have always been such a huge fan of my birthday. I guess I feel it's the one day that is your special day. I have so much fun looking forward to it and celebrating that day (so opposite of my husband who just sees it as another day)
Kevin had his last skills day for firefighter training on my actual birthday (Saturday) so we went out on Friday. A wonderful lady from the church came over and babysat for us so we could have a date. We went to Panera bread and then did some shopping at various stores. This may not seem like a big deal but since Kevin has had firefighter training he has done most of the shopping while down in Glens Falls (our nearest "big" city -with walmart, target, mall etc.) So, to actually be able to go and shop was enjoyable. And spending time with just my husband was so nice.
On my birthday I woke up and headed down stairs with my little man to discover flowers and a card on the table. Kevin had to head out early but totally surprised me! It was so sweet! In the fridge there was cheesecake (my favorite) for us to have later.
I did not get a present that day because I actually picked out my birthday present in November. I have not always been a kitchen person (I used to be afraid of the waffle maker in the college cafeteria) but am learning to enjoy cooking and baking. My mom had received a kitchen aid mixer a few years ago for Christmas and I saw how nice it was to have one so I had been looking at them for awhile. I knew they were expensive so had chalked it up to "someday." When the Black Friday ads came out I was looking through them and saw one for an incredible price. I thought I might have to go fight the crowds but ended up getting it on-line instead! It came a few weeks later so I have been using my birthday present for awhile! Birthdays Rock!
On a side note, an awesome kitchen gadget I received from my wonderful husband for Christmas was a micro plane and it rocks!! I always get frustrated trying to zest any citrus because I can never get the stuff in between the grooves. Well, this one is amazing! I made cranberry orange scones the other day and it did a beautiful zesting job in seconds! If you don't have one...it's worth the investment!
1 comment:
Hey, Amy!
Your comments about the waffle maker at college made me laugh! :-)
What recipe do you use for your biscotti? It looks absolutely delicious!
Post a Comment