I am someone who has been molded and shaped through the many paths and places I have walked...I have seen little and much...I believe but struggle to have faith...I desire to know God but still at times run from him...I desire life but at times lack the bravery to chase after it...I am me but all that that entails is still a mystery.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Feeling a little unpatriotic
I feel guilty. I did not sit by the TV yesterday in awe. I didn't wait in anticipation. I didn't hold my breath to see what happened. Instead I went shopping. I actually somewhat avoided the coverage. It's not that I didn't care. I heard so much about it even before yesterday and there still is a ton about it today. I know it was a largely historical event and there are a million different commemorative items to signify it but is it wrong to feel like it's gotten old? I am praying for our president and his leadership of our nation but it is hard for me to see him as the "savior" so many proclaim him to be. He is a human being who is working alongside many other human beings to lead this country. I will respect him as a leader though I will not always agree with his choices. I will seek to uphold him in prayer. But, I just couldn't get into the mania and feel like somehow it is un-American to feel that way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't think it's unamerican...but i had the same feelings about it as you. I just didn't really care...i've never enjoyed or liked politics though so this wasn't any different than the others.
I think it is un-American to suddenly be proud to be an American because we elected him like so many say they are. I am not watching the news all week because I don't think it is a great day for our country. So, you are not alone in your feelings. I am proud to be an American because of the men and women that serve in the military to protect us, not because of our elected officials.
Post a Comment