So, we are packed up and headed down to Albany. We will be staying with friends in Latham this evening because we have to be at the hospital at 6:30 AM. He is still diagnosed with Paten Ductus Arteriosis...a small vessel on the outside of his heart did not close after his birth.
The procedure id a catherization to place a stint in the vessel. He will be kept sedated for 6 hours after for observation and will not be able to walk that day. We will however be able to take him home after. If all goes well, this will completely take care of it and we will not have to worry about it again.
I was offered some perspective yesterday when someone shared with me about a 3 year old who has had 5 open heart surgeries and is thriving. It is scary but I am learning to trust. Mom and Dad are up and going with us...I'm thankful for the prayers and support of family and friends. I will keep everyone updated as much as possible.
1 comment:
I'll be praying for you all and for Jack - when it's your little guy, it doesn't matter how much you understand with your head, it is still scary. Praying you will feel the surrounding arms of our Father holding you and your little man.
Post a Comment