One of my greatest memories with my Grandma Warner was making pies. She would pull a stool over to the counter, tie a too large apron on me, and we would end up covered in flour. She would always pat my cheeks with flour on her hands and leave the impression of her fingers on my face. Now the impression is on my heart...the heritage of homemaking.
So, I armed myself with a wonderful recipe for dough from my wonderful bipolar baking friend Courtney. I was planning on making a strawberry rhubarb pie. I usually get very paranoid about having enough dough but this recipe makes a perfect amount. It also was a super help to have the dough hang out in the refrigerator so it would be chilled. I am so excited how it turned out and it tastes just as good.
1 comment:
Amy you speak of something so close to my heart.. Those last two years, bathing Mom and laying out her meds and helping on and off the pot.. Those are memories I will never forget. She was so much just like a little child then all over.
Post a Comment