Friday, September 24, 2010

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I'm Running Tomorrow...

So it's finally here.  Tomorrow I will be running a race for the first time since the beginning of my freshman year of college.  I used to like running but it gradually fell by the wayside of life.  I would pick it up intermittently but that all changed when my sister signed me up to run a 5k.  I picked up Couch to 5K and got going.  Tomorrow is the culmination or is it?

I am going to run tomorrow but I have realized that I don't want to just be done.  This has actually been the re-start of something that I have found enjoyable.  It has also given me something outside of being a wife and mom.  To me, it allows me to develop and challenge myself in the midst of the sometime mundane tasks of a stay at home mom.

I have about a week and a half to go before I "graduate" from my Couch to 5k program and I'm hoping to at least do one more 5k before winter.  I'm a little scared about tomorrow (my goal is just to run the whole thing) but I'm also really excited!  I'll definitely have some pic and a story to come!

No comments: