Monday, June 10, 2013

Far from Perfect

"I forgive you, Mommy," her little voice sang to my heart.  I had accidentally pulled too hard on her hair.  It was one of those little phrases from a sweet little voice that did something deep in my heart.  How quick and sincere her little forgiving heart was.  Somehow those words continued to wrap around my heart as I went about my day.  I could not shake them off.  God was using her sweet heart began to reveal in me my own failures.


On a scale of 1-100, most often the calm of our home ranks at about a 10.  I both love and am stress out about this fact.  We are in no way the epitome of a perfect pastor's family and in no way will we ever be.  We are 2 married first borns with strong personalities who have produced two children who carry both our dna and our tendencies.  We fail and often.  We struggle and often in worse ways.  That is why I am so grateful for grace.  It is the balm that brings peace to our souls.


Her words wash over me with the truth of God's love for me.  Her quick forgiveness showers me with grace and realization of how God's forgiveness is to me.

Thank you Lord for showing me grace and forgiveness through the voice of a sweet child.

No comments: