Life really has been up and down emotionally for me lately. Yesterday I got notes from some of my kids about their new english teacher and how they missed me and it really hit that I'm gone. I really miss teaching. Yes, I am enjoying being home but it's starting to get lonely.
Then, we had a visit to make with a family and had some awesome fellowship time and encouragemnt. I really felt an opportunity to connect and also to understand where they were coming from. There was also the potenital for not only some discipleship but the possibilty of a good friendship as well.
The other amazing thing God has dropped in Kevin's lap is the opportunity to have a part in the funeral of a well known man in the community. He is catholic but lived beside the church and our people had a great testimony with the family and so they asked Kevin to be a part of the funeral! It just blows our minds. Kevin has only visited the family 1 other time before the man passed away but they said our church has done more for them then theirs. So, there is an opportunity to minister to the community and share God with them!
God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ask or think. I have to cling to this because I woke up this morning feeling homesick again and yet I see what God is doing around us.
No comments:
Post a Comment