I am someone who has been molded and shaped through the many paths and places I have walked...I have seen little and much...I believe but struggle to have faith...I desire to know God but still at times run from him...I desire life but at times lack the bravery to chase after it...I am me but all that that entails is still a mystery.
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Well...I have definitely had some firsts these last few days. Today was my first Pastors and Wives fellowship. It was fun to meet some other pastor's wives in the area...they were such an encouragement! Sunday was my first Sunday night service at the church. I learned that they have food and stick around to chat afterwards which was really nice. I actually made a pumpkin cake and they all liked it (I am not always the most confident in my baking skills). Tomorrow will be my first prayer meeting and I guess I go with the ladies and lead their prayer time even though all of them are older than me. It was also my first time being car sick as we traveled around the area. We took a bunch of winding roads and I had not eaten lunch so needless to say not so much fun...but I made it home without mishap. The weird thing is I am the one with the iron stomach in the car...I can read in the car and it doesn't bother me at all...it was weird. So, I am sure this is some of many firsts. I think the hardest one was waking up on Monday and realizing school had started without me there...sad. But, though I really miss everyone I am really excited to see how God is going to use us here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i have recipes for you my dear! As long as you have a cake mix on hand, you can make anything.
Post a Comment