Thursday, March 08, 2007

Bi-Polar Weather and New Pursuits

So, tonight it is suppose to get down to -20 with the wind chill factor making it -40. This is suppose to last until tomorrow so needless to say...I'm staying inside! On the other hand the weather report says that we are going to be up in the 40's and maybe up to 50 next week! That's what you call New York weather!

On other topics, Kevin and I have been discussing finances...especially since I really can't work right now...I loved substituting but I really have just had to take it easy. I have thought about getting into selling stuff like Stampin Up or Creative Memories or Mary Kay but our church is small and full of older ladies who wouldn't really be interested and I don't know the community well enough yet to know if it would work. Plus, I am not completely comfortable "selling" things to the congregation.

So, I got out my writing stuff again and really am going to try to pursue it. I have 2 children's books done and another 5 outlined for a series. I have some more thought stuff that I might try to submit to magazines. I have really been research out all that it entails and it is a tad bit overwhelming...query letters, proposals, agents. But, there has been a lot of helpful information. I really am not in it to make a ton of money... I have to write...I can't shut my brain off...it just comes to me. So, I'm praying for some opportunities to share it with others...and maybe it will help some financially too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good for you... i think you would make a terrific children's author