It was a great move to come up here but the one thing I struggled with is leaving my "kids" at cca. I loved them dearly and wanted more than anything to see God work mightily in their lives. I even gave them a finally vocab list with that challange in mind. Then, this weekend, I read their blogs and see that God is doing it and my heart is so blessed! Between chapel speakers, confrences and personal growth they have really stepped up and want to be authenitc in their faith. In teaching at a christian school after going to public school all my life I really saw how their greatest struggle was making the bible more than a textbook and their faith beyond apathy. I really don't know what God would do with all I had shared with them, but he has done great things. The most amazing part is they are doing alot of this on their own...meeting together for prayer and bible study and setting up accountability! ake what they learned and get out and do something with it...make it a call to action instead of a party for them. I continue to challange them to tI am thanking God for his work in their lives and pray that this is a true transformation!
The other great thing God is doing is answer a prayer before it is prayed. We have 2 cars and they are both paid off but one is a rusts bucket and the other is in the shop. We were just talking about needing a better car when the baby comes and one of the guys from the church had made a comment about our situation. He called Sunday afternoon from a friends house. They have a 1999 plymouth breeze in really decent condition they are looking to get rid of. He brought it over for us to test drive and look over and then said he wanted to pay for part of it, so we would only have a very low payment to make to them. Kevin really wanted to pay cash for our next car so we wouldn't go in debt for it but I thought it was impossible. Yet, we have enough in savings to pay for it. It is in better conditon than both of our other cars but once we get our lumina back from th shop we will have 2 good cars and can sell the rust bucket for basically nothing. God is good!
2 comments:
Awesome! I love watching God keep His promises and provide all our needs... and some of the things we don't "need" too.
amen
Post a Comment