Things have been a little busy around here. I actually was called to substitute twice this week, our car ended up going into the shop, and most of our snow birds are back from Florida. It may sound wierd but I actually get quite a bit of time to work on my writing while I sub. Dad is having me write the Jr. High devos for the summer so I've been working on that. It is going to be focused on the life of David so there is some really applicable stuff (besides the whole adultery thing) Mom and Dad and Drew and his girlfriend Kat and maybe my sister Mel are all heading up here for Easter so I am really excited. Dad has never been up here and the rest have only seen it when I moved in.
The weather is starting to break and it was 50 and sunny yesterday so Kevin and I actually went for a walk...I like to walk and know it is really good for me to right now...Kevin gets a little more bored with it but has been more willing to do it just to get some exercise. He and I were really looking forward to doing some great hikes but that is not going to happen since most of them are pretty strenous (ie. mountains) so, he's hoping to go on his own or find some people to go with him.
I had a cool thing happen yesterday. We have really been hoping to connect with our neighbors somehow. Up here everyone sort of huddles in for the winter. At Christmas we took everyone cookies but since then we haven't had as much contact. Well, our mail got into the mailbox of the couple across the street who are just a little younger than we are. She came over to give it to me and seeing it was a pregnancy mag...she told us she was expecting too. She is about a month behind me...but it was such an awesome opportunity to connect and she sounded like she didn't have any pregnant friends...so, I'm really praying this will become a good friendship and opportunity to show God's love!
The weather is looking good for the next week and the snow is beginning to really melt so I look forward to being outside and enjoying it...and hopefully soon begin to landscape around the house and plant a garden! I'm excited for spring!
3 comments:
You have been busy, I hope you have a great Easter
This is all really great news! I'm so glad for you and for the car too! Really fantastic!
And since the cookie crushers are here, that is all I have time to write ; )
i just wrote that I was glad for the car. that's not quite what i meant.
english ed, huh?
Post a Comment