Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Start of all things new

I have started some new things as of late...one being walking. It has finally been nice enough here to begin walking again. I dislike going by myself but now I can wrap up mr. man and bring him with me. I have started walking to church and the post office. Our church is on a little pond called the mill pond and many people make laps around it. Some of the ladies from the church meet 2 days a week to walk together. I am hoping this will grow and branch out to others.

My other new adventure is creative memories. I have not gotten into it as a money making deal but as a way to build bridges. It is something I love doing and many of our ladies are interested in it. We live about 45 minutes from any craft store other than Joann Fabrics so it's nice to get supplies easily as well. I actually have booked the meeting room in the town hall to be able to make it more of a community thing.

We have only been here a year and a half and up here it takes a lot of time to really get to know people but I am praying my 2 new adventures will allow opportunities for not only myself but for other ladies in the church to build stronger relationships with those around them and then see what God does with it.

Oh...and I am enjoying hearing my son say ma ma though dad is bummed that he wasn't first.

No comments: