A few weeks ago a couple from our church told us about these couches they bought off of craig's list. Unfortunately the couches did not fit in their apartment. I made eyes at Kevin, thinking maybe we could buy the couches off of them. Later that next week, they told us they wanted to give us the couches. So, last Thursday, after posting the old couch on freecycle and moving the loveseat over to Kevin's office, we moved in the new couches.
Again, I would not have picked them out if I had gone shopping for them, but I am VERY grateful. They are from a very nice furniture store in the area and are excellent quality couches. I found new pillows on sale this week and am very excited about the new look. I am looking forward to moving around some of my pics and such to create a whole new look for my living room.
Mom had also given me some curtains for Christmas but they needed a seam in them. A lady from our church sewed them for me and I put them up tonight. I bought a new rug for the kitchen and changed around some decorations and the kitchen has a new look too.
I love being able to make my house a home and am grateful for God's little blessings and big blessings that provide above and beyond what we can ask or think.

1 comment:
We live on hand me down furniture as well! the only piece of decent furniture we have purchased for ourselves is our kitchen table. We also spent about 60.00 on an entertainment center from Walmart about 7 years ago. Needless to say it has seen better days. 60 dollar entertainment centers are NOT made to last that long.! LOL! But it's still hanging in there for us.
I have to say though, I really like the hand-me-down furniture that my parents gave to us. Honestly, if I were picking something out for myself I really would pick something out like that. It is about 15 years old I'd say but other than some wear ont he upholstery they are still amazing cozy and comfortable! So I lucked out in that department.
Our first hand me down set of furniture was this burnt orange floral stuff. And when you sat down in the couch you could barely get back out. We had to ask older people not to sit in it, and sit in our glider, so they wouldn't hurt themselves! LOL!
You should post more pictures of your decorating! I would love to see it!
Post a Comment