I am someone who has been molded and shaped through the many paths and places I have walked...I have seen little and much...I believe but struggle to have faith...I desire to know God but still at times run from him...I desire life but at times lack the bravery to chase after it...I am me but all that that entails is still a mystery.
Saturday, May 13, 2006
Silence
I have come to realize that we are a culture with a phobia of silence. We are afraid to hear nothing external because then we may have to face our internal agnst. If we continue to fill our days with business and noise we have no problem facing ourselves because we continue to survive. Yet, do we really live or do we just exsist when we operate in function mode. Do we really come into reality with ourselves, others, and God if we are unable to see any of it through the dim fog of our 60 mile an hour lives? How do we feel any sense of peace or joy with lives filled to the brim with nothing of substance...it's like air popped popcorn overflowing from the small bowls of our lives. Tt is not sustaining but it sure takes up a lot of space. How do we live like this? How can we not question what our purpose in life truly is and where is the peace we so often long for. Maybe it's in the silence. Makes it's in getting back to the grass roots of our lives. Stopping and take a breathe of cool fresh air and taking in the life that was so furoiusly passing us by. How can we hear God moving in the midst of a traffic jam when he wants to whisper in our soul and we sit in silence waiting to draw near to Him. We are all emaciated cadavers whose life has been sucked out of them by the mobile world and the deathly fear of the silence and peace exposing the chaos of our soul. Yet The Artist of Life knows how to restore our gaunt lives to bring a fullness and joy we can never conceive if we would just stop and listen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment