Monday, October 02, 2006

The 411

So here's the 411 now that I actually have time to sit down and digest it. We waited anxiously for the call because we knew they were not voting until after the evening service. When the phone rang I waited with baited breath until I heard Kevin say that we accept the call. The vote was 13 to 1 which we were happy about.

So, today Kevin gave his 2 weeks notice and I gave my 30 day notice. We will be packing gradually and Kevin will be loading up the truck and heading out the 19th and I will head up the next day...only for the weekend though. I will have to work until the 3rd and then come back on the 9th for parent teacher confrences.

They have a cute parsonage for us that needs some paint but much bigger than our little apartment. So, Kevin will be painting while I am still teaching and then I'll get to "nest" once I get up there. The church has about 40 people on a Sunday morning but has potenitial. We love the area and the people are really fun and relax so it's exciting. I broke the news to the teachers this morning and will have to wait a few days to tell the kids which will be hard. So paint colors are picked out and there will be some curtains to buy but it will be so nice to have a house of our own and a church to work in!!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

amy! How great! you are going to have so much fun filling that up with antiques : )

I'm SO coming to visit. I'll bet there are some awesome junque-tiques up there.

Sara said...

YEAH!!!!