Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The wierdest 1st Sunday for a Pastor's Wife

So, we got up to Brant Lake Friday night and spent the night unpacking the kitchen. Kevin and I were excited to sleep on our new bed and the next morning I woke up with some pretty bad allergies. We decided to go out for breakfast and on the way I was putting on lip gloss when I realized my lips were a little odd. When we got to the resturant I showed mom and something was definitely weird. We picked up benadryl thinking it was an allergic reaction adn realized we needed to rip out quite a few of the carpets in the parsonage because of animal smells. Well, by the time I headed out for our first sunday the left side of my face was partially paralyzed. I went to the doctor yesterday and discovered I have bell's palsy. Some of my nerves are inflamed and I'm on steriods to help reduce the swelling which will allow my face to go back to normal. So, the new pastor's wife went to church deformed for the first sunday and now she gets to teach jr. and sr. high students out of the side of her mouth. I have decided I'm going to tell them this is my halloween face or this is what botched botox looks like!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

yikes! Was it from an allergic reaction like you thought or is it something else that is causing it?

That totally beats my story of taking dramamine on the way to the church in NYC so I could do some homework in the car and not get carsick. Of course, I slept through the whole service...I think I drooled.

akr said...

I drool for another reason...they are not sure what triggers it but it is a virus similar to the virus that causes cold sores...it's so weird!

Vanessa said...

that's crazy! Oh my!