I am someone who has been molded and shaped through the many paths and places I have walked...I have seen little and much...I believe but struggle to have faith...I desire to know God but still at times run from him...I desire life but at times lack the bravery to chase after it...I am me but all that that entails is still a mystery.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
confession
I have finally acknowledged something to myself...I am terrified of having a girl. Not the labor, the night feedings, or constant care. It's the thought of bringing up a female. I was never a big fan of girly girls growing up and know just like every other girl she is going to hit the snotty, drama filled stage and I don't know if I have the ability to deal with it. I can do nails and am not afraid to wear makeup but what if she ends up being obsessed with her looks or clothes? What am I getting myself into???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, Amy - you will be great! And let me tell you if you find Kevin attractive now just wait until he has that little girl in his arms! God has given you enough grace to raise a little girl - He's chosen you for it. Embrace it, cherish it, and enjoy. It won't be so bad. I promise.
I have just now entered the drama. I've had a wonderful 10 years up til now and I'm hoping that 10 years from now, I might get an apology and a "Mom, you were so right."
I'm joking. Sort of.
: )
lol..strange thing is i feel the same way about boys...
I just think that it's very important to comunicate, comunicate, and comunicate with girls...but the bratty stage will probably be unavoidable but at least as the parent you get to choose how to teach her through it anyways.
Post a Comment