Potty Training:
I have started down the road a little ways...talking about it and having him watch elmo potty time. But, I confess to procrastinating. I like to blame it on my pregnancy and that he is only 2, but the truth is there are some other clear factors that are really keeping me from it.
1. I don't like messes. I can deal with cleaning up things but the thought of dealing with a lot more laundry, pee and poop stresses me out.
2. I like order and flexibility...I think about variables such as dealing with it a church, when we are traveling, and when other people are watching him (especially when baby sister's arrival is looming) and it stresses me out.
Seriously...I was going to set aside a week and I eneded up with major stress before we even tried it. I want it to be easy and quick and I'm terrified it is going to be a long, drawn out, stressful proceess. He has definitely shown signs of being ready (ie. taking off his diaper and talking about going pee or poopy) but I am really struggling.
Having a Girl:
I made myself go in the toy section and look down the girl isles...barbies, babies, and tons of pink. I am trying to prepare myself. I am excited and I know I am going to love her and she is going to be her own special person but seas of pink still scare me.
Labor:
It is getting nearer, I have been watching a baby story sometimes and remembering 36 hours of labor last time and I'm starting to freak out a little. I know I'll have the strength to get through it and I really want to try to go natural, but I am not looking forward to it.
We got back from the Dr./Ultrasound appt. and she has settled into head down position. She is also about 6 lbs. (jack was 6 lb. 1 oz. at birth). My fluid level is higher and I am definitely bigger than last time. She also has a head of hair and chubby cheeks. She is coming soon...
4 comments:
oh honey you will do great. Jacob is 4 and potty trained. don't feel guilty about waiting. it will happen as it does. when they are ready its very little trouble. do it a little at a time. Jacob went on the potty before a bath for 6 months or more before we did much else. if its stress for you it will be for him wait until you are both ready. he will regress after she arrives anyway cheer up you are doing fine as a mom. As to the pink problem i have a solution PURPLE still girly and frilly but not over the top if God blesses us with a girl this is my plan. love you so much and wish i could be there with you now.
best friend #1
aka nome
Oh, Ame - thinking of you and praying for you. I am not an expert at potty training at all - so take this with a grain of salt. I would probably wait if I were you. I started too early with Cadi and pushed too hard, and it did end up being a very long process!
Oh and as for frilly and pink - have you met Theresa??? lol She is definitely not a frilly, pink little girl, but so sweet and fun! {grin}
ok so to anyone who walks down those all pink frilly girly glitzy aisles, it is overwhelming & crazy. it more so makes you feel sick to your stomach than it does make you feel excited about little girls. instead head to the baby section and look at all the cute baby girl clothes. target has such cute little newborn outfits for girls right now, it makes me wish analiese was teeny tiny again.
i think you'll love it, plus if you don't stress the frilly girly stuff, she won't be one. you'll be just fine, mom. you were good with me! and i love pink remember?
miss you and i am glad you're having a girl. i think you're really good with them.
Hey Amy! I just gave you the Honest Scrap award on my blog. Thanks for writing! I love reading your posts!
Post a Comment