Thursday, October 22, 2009

Family


I got a call from mom and she shared with me how she had been able to skype for the first time with Drew last night. I could tell in her voice how much it meant to her to see her son's face. It has been hard having Drew and Kat so far away and though we all know this is where the Lord has them right now...we miss them. Yet, technology has allowed them to stay connected.


I think that's the thing that has become so important to me...staying connected with my family. It is easy with mom because I talk with her most every day. However, since we've had Jack and now that Emma is on the way, I really try to keep him connected with family as well. I make sure to put the phone on speaker phone so he can hear their voice and talk with them. I make sure to show him pictures so he can recognize everyone. So even if they are far away, they still stay close to our heart...

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Very sweet, Amy. Family is so important. The most important "thing" this side of heaven.

Sara said...

So, you decided on the name Emma...absolutely beautiful! And family is a wonderful thing