Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Let Them Struggle

I'm already learning a lesson on parenting that I also saw when I was teaching. It's hard to do but I know I must. I need to let them struggle. Jack is trying to roll from his stomach to his back. He did once but it was sort of inadvertent. Now he's trying and all I want to do is step in and help him with a little nudge. I'm know without a doubt I am going to try those little nudges all through his life but I need to remember it's just like a caterpillar. It's has to struggle in that cocoon in order to have the strength to fly.

And then I wonder if that's what God does. We are his children and maybe sometimes instead of stepping in like we expect him to he lets us struggle to strengthen our spiritual muscles.

No comments: