Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Rest of the Day

Some highs and lows...

Lows:

overseasoning of taco meat due to trying a new seasoning
grouchy boy for about an hour
trying to cover up overseasoned meat with lots of greens and sour cream

Highs:

Getting to enjoy a little bit of ice cream
Looking at his beautiful face as he sleeps peacefully - and going down at 7:30
Using the food mill for the first time and him still loving his bananas
Finally getting a bath for the first time in forever (a 2 week late birthday request)

I also discovered that I finally have a new years resolution. I need to take a bath every once in awhile. It's my oasis away. Showers are always a rush but baths are for soaking! I remember my mom locking the door to the bathroom and us knowing we were not to bug her unless the house was burning down. Now I understand why

I also got to enjoy a new book...I had gone through Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World in a women's Sunday School class and was very challanged by it. Well, using some Christmas money I was able to get the "sequel"...Having a Mary Spirit...it is already impacting...exactly what I need!! I recommend them both!

So, now I am going to enjoy some time with my husband and watch the Apprentice - I know...and then sleep!!

No comments: