Wednesday, January 23, 2008

thoughts from the mommy of a 4 month old

Ok...so how in the world can 2 non morning people produce a morning person? (actually I blame this one on the grammas who are both morning people...but seriously, can they come take care of him at that hour?)

I have continually realized my life has come to revolve around the most basic of things...feeding and regulating pooping...seriously, ever since he has started solids pooping is a come and go thing...I thought I wouldn't mind not having to change a poopy diaper but I do mind the grumpiness that not pooping produces. Thank goodness for pear juice.

I also have been pondering an odd phenomenon. I am truly grateful for all the clothing my wonderful family and friends have given us but I have come to notice that most of his pants have actual pockets. I understand the wanting to replicate adult styles but In a world of "green" I am trying to figure out their usefulness. I tried using it to carry my cell phone but I'm sure it will ring just as he's falling asleep and wake him up. I also thought of teaching him to put his hands in them but seriously...I can't get his hands out of his mouth. I thought maybe the pacifier could go in their but it leaves a weird bump. I even evaluated putting my chocolate stash in there but I think it would probably melt. I am really going to try to figure out some use for them!

On a shera wonder woman note...We bought mouse traps over a week ago and my wonderful husband kept promising to set them since the mice had decided to take over my pot holder drawer. Well, it didn't happen and I got tired of waiting so I set them last night. I got up this morning and one is cleaned out and sprung but empty...the little guy got caught and my husband had already deposited his body outside. Yep...I can add mice catcher to my resume!

So...yesterday was cranky baby day...we'll see how today goes. Squash is our new adventure...much messier but it's going ok. Hopefully he'll be able to poop soon...wow...the day is already starting off great...my highlight is looking forward to my son pooping...I need to get a hobby!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Its amazing how our lives change so drastically. One minute we are trying to solve the worlds problems, the next we are waiting and hoping for poop. = )

I got tagged, so I'm going to tag you now = ) You can check it out on my soap blog if you want...

akr said...

life is like that...I'll tell you what though...even with being up to my elbows in laundry and diapers, he smiles at me and it's amazing.

Vanessa said...

i hate to say it, but poop IS your hobby. In a very short time, your hobby will change to "How can I get them to put their laundry away?"

it's very exciting.

You've been cracking me up lately, btw. Good and priceless stuff that you will be amazed by when you come back to it next year. : )

akr said...

I'm glad to be the comic relief. If you don't laugh about it, all that's left is to cry.