Wednesday, August 16, 2006

How do you spell chaos??

I have no idea right now which way is up. At this point I feel like all things are flying at me feverishly and I am still searching through my closet for my baseball glove. The best way I know how to express it is in list form.

1. I am not sure if I am pregnant...yes, I have gone the ept route and with no positive result but I also have no conformation otherwise and need to somehow find time to make a dr's appointment about it.

2. We were approached by a friend about adopting a four year old girl and never realized the amount of paperwork there was too it and are still unsure the mother is going to sign off rights even though if she doesn't the grandma will have to report her and put the girl in foster care. So, we are in libo about whether we will end up getting her and anticipating being instant parents to a four year old.

3. Kevin is looking for a chance to get back into ministry and there is a possibility of a church in the adirondacks opening up...we love that area and yet it is still close to family and would be a good first church but don't know if they even want us yet and when it will all happen.

4. Camp is winding down and school is coming around the corner with appeals for me to teach not only english and speech but gym and bible...on top of the above listed uncertianities...I have not signed a contract offically but it is going to be sticky if all the sudden we have to move.

We do have options for childcare so that will help if we end up with Allie...but the reality is within a year we could be moved, in a new ministry and have 2 kids...why does it have to all come at once?

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

take a deep breath. It's going to be okay. You need to be cool with the idea of adopting and biological baby happening within months of each other because that is pretty typical. (I was just a nazi with the birth control to make sure it didn't happen to us!) Don't say yes to gym. You don't need that if you are puking your guts out. You can get away with puking into a garbage can during English, but that won't fly so well if you puke into the bucket of balls for gym. : ) Paperwork is just paperwork. It'll be there. The little girl can stay with her grandma for a short time until you get your paperwork together. That's called kinship care. You need to be licenced as foster parents first and they should be helping you to become licensed for foster care and the adoption. This takes a lot of time and you need to be really buddy buddy with social services. Be amiable to them. Bring them coffee. Whatever. They make major decisions about your life. Talk to my friend Donna on her blog: http://krisscop.blogspot.com/
She is a foster care family recruiter. She can help some. Talk to my mother in law...ten years in NY CPS can't hurt. You have connections. Now about the ministry....well you know my opinion about that one....don't do it unless you are compelled by the power of God and cannot do anything else! ((HUGS)))

Sara said...

Wow, a lot of good things could be happening all at once..and whoever said good things weren't chaotic.

I'll be remembering you in my prayers.