Monday, September 08, 2008

Celebrations and Memories

This weekend was full of business and emotion. We had Jack's birthday party on Friday with close family and friends. I had spent a lot of the week getting ready and it turned out to be fun. Many of our family members stayed over night and on Sunday we had Jack's baby dedication.


Kevin asked Dad to speak and it was such a powerful sermon in such simple terms...my dad is such a powerful speaker. My husband says he has the amazing ablilty to teach a powerful and deep truth using simple every day illustrations and it ends up being hugely impacting. He also participated in the baby dedication since it would have been weird for Kevin to dedicate Jack. It made it so much more special. My heart swelled with such joy at being able to have my Dad such a part of it.



We enjoyed the rest of the day with family and even took our first hike with Jack. Most everyone headed out Sunday but Mom and Dad were able to stay until today. We went to our favorite little spot...the Adirondack General Store.. for breakfast and imprinted in my mind is the memory of mom and dad walking with Jack in between them. It is a moment I will not forget.



Today is his actual birthday and I can't believe it has been a year. If I were to describe the year it would be emotional. There is the emotion of intense love that I never knew I could have for another human being...that incredible connect of mother and child. There is also the emotion of feeling overwhelmed...by lack of sleep, by the fear of inadequacy, and the task ahead. But, the emotion that stands out the most is that of blessed...blessed to look into the face of my son and see him smile at me and say mama. I wouldn't trade this year for the world and I am so blessed that God has allowed me the priviledge of being the caretaker for his beloved child...my son...Jack Emerson Radford.

1 comment:

Future of Hope said...

Happy birthday, Jack!!!!!!!!