I'm in the scrapbooking zone. I laid out my stuff and taken over the dining room table. My goal was to complete jack's pics up to Christmas so that I would have some good samples for the ladies craft day at BaYouCa where I will be holding scrapbooking sessions. It has been fun to finally get some more accomplished and I love having a Kodak printer that I can print a ton of pictures out with and still not use up all the ink...it was worth the investment!
My next big project is starting to work on an etzy shop for daddy's decor. I have a name and all that. My biggest challange is going to be figuring out how I'm going to ship some of the bigger pieces and how much to price for shipping of each piece. I am excited to share his stuff with the world but I am a little overwhelmed with all the shipping questions. What did you wonderful etsy pros do?
2 comments:
shipping is a nightmare to figure out. But there are a couple of things you can do to figure it out:
get yourself a good scale so you know how much exactly each thing weighs. Note that once a package gets to a certain size it becomes oversized and gets way more expensive.
The post office provides a lot of what you will need: free boxes and an online calculator for figuring things out.
For large items, you will want to look into ups, but they have their limits too.
I'm not sure if it is still available, but I have used greyhound to ship very large items before...as in greyhound buses...yes...if their luggage bays are empty, they like to take sombody's money to fill them up. Clever, no?
Your best bet is to measure and weigh up some of your intended items and do a shipping search from your zip to something in california (starts with 9) This will help you get an idea of what it costs to ship this kind of thing.
have fun and fire me an email with any specific questions.
and congrats on the scrapbooking...my books are a good five years behind. :( I need somebody to scrap with.
thanks for the insight. i have to decide if it is even worth doing his bigger, heavier pieces.
Post a Comment