Rose colored glasses:
A wonderful date with my husband to celebrate our 7th anniversary where we chatted about our life together and it was romantic and magical.
Winds of Reality:
Sitting in the middle of a crowded, noisy resturant
Sitting next to someone with a baby boy a little younger than Jack and realizing that while mom is so excited to have freedom away from the wonderful son we have, dad is missing him.
Not realizing that since we haven't been on a date in such a long time and because of all the hype, we actually felt akward and fell into silence because we didn't know what to talk about that wasn't Jack or church.
It really wasn't a bad night..i just had to realize my expectations were not reasonable and learn to enjoy what it was (while trying not to feel guilty that i wasn't missing Jack). We shopped for groceries together after a yummy meal and then enjoyed some time sitting at starbucks...fyi...pumpkin spices lattes rock this year...definitely a better taste.
And I recieved 7 roses earlier in the day...
3 comments:
I remember the first time that happened to us. I was prepared the next time = ) Dates take on new meaning when you have kids!
I'm glad I'm not alone!
Sometimes in my own life, if there isn't caos then there isn't anything to talk about. So I can totally relate. That is when you get creative, and talk about goals, wishes, dreams, etc. Try it sometime. You'll be surprised where the conversation might lead.
Post a Comment