Sunday, September 21, 2008

Road Trip and Nap Time

Headed out late Friday afternoon for camp (a 3 1/2 hour drive). Kandi was my co-pilot and our boys were settled in the back. Hit traffic in Albany and fussiness at the same time...fun. We ended up having to take our time on the way down and stop more than usual because the boys took turns fussing (Thegien has an ear infection and Jack is teething again). We were up late chatting with everyone and getting set up but it was good to be down there.

Saturday was a whirlwind of crafting but we did get to savor bayouca bbq chicken (sorry people, but it's really the best!) I had fun showing Kandi my home (I really did spend more time at camp than at my own house growing up) and we both enjoyed the fact that there was babysitting for the boys while we enjoyed the day. Everyone there ended up with a "Christmas" gift, a cute tote, and some yummy cookies, along with their crafts. I was even able to sell a little bit of my cm stuff.

On the way back the boys did so much better but by the time we got to albany we were all ready for a little break so we "had" to stop at babies r us. I live in the North country and so our baby stuff is from Walmart or Target. To have all of it in one big store was heaven!! We spent more time than we planned but it was worth it. I even found a cute raccoon shirt for the little man that says "night patrol" on it (those who have been at camp know my dad and his night patrol so I thought it was fitting). So, needless to stay we arrived home late.

So, today I get to teach sunday school and I make it through church but I get home and can't even think. My wonderful husband takes Jack so I can have nap time and I am so grateful!! Now I have to go put pants back on my son (his newest trick taking the pants off by stepping on the bottoms).

1 comment:

The Ashworth family said...

It sounds like you had a fun time away - the pictures of the crafts look so cute! Babies R Us is way fun - they can be a little pricey but when they mark stuff down, you can get some awesome deals - I love the raccoon shirt!