Well, feeling like a desperate mom I whipped up some boxed mac and cheese for lunch for the lack of anything better. Feeling guilty as to the lack of complete nutritional value, I decided to mix in some of the puree. I had taken a cook book out of the libray that talked about doing this type of thing and I have been trying to little by little. Kevin didn't like the texture but I liked it and it really added to the taste.
The other recipe I picked up was for using up baby cereal, baby cookies. I have a few boxes and he is all about feeding himself so we don't use it any more. All it calls for is 1 cup of cereal, 1 cup of flour, and 1 cup of juice. I tripled it to use up a whole box. I "rolled" the dough into a jelly roll pan and then baked it at 350 for 45 minutes. The dough was super sticky and I am not a baker so dealing with dough is not my thing. I did the best I could and ended up with sort of lumpy bars but, Jack likes them. Plus, it is a good use for the cereal.
I am someone who has been molded and shaped through the many paths and places I have walked...I have seen little and much...I believe but struggle to have faith...I desire to know God but still at times run from him...I desire life but at times lack the bravery to chase after it...I am me but all that that entails is still a mystery.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Creative Cooking?
We enjoyed a good harvest of acorn squash. This is the rest of them. I took four of them and "processed" them by roasting them and then chopping them up.
I took some and made some puree with it. I was using some for my friend Tiffany (My baby gift to her was making baby food for her) and then I put some aside to try out a recipe with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment